Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Texturize!

About A Girl challenge site has combined with About A Boy challenge site into one new and fantastic place for inspiration and prizes....Boy Meets Girl! This time around is for the girls and the challenge is to texturize. I love adding many layers and textures to my pages to give them a more three-dimensional feel. For this layout, I felt the need to get a little spooky. The photo is of me when I was very pregnant and I had just finished carving my "cat on a fence" pumpkin.
I started out with some lovely paper from Webster's Pages and then misted a spider web on the background. I used silver Liquid Pearls to line the web. Then I colored texture paste and used a harlequin stencil - I wanted to keep everything a little disarrayed so as to make it feel more haunted.
I also outlined the diamonds and sporadically added Black Diamond Stickles here and there.
I stamped spiders webs around areas of the page and stitched along some of the torn edges.  I used some burlap and mesh ribbon for even more texture. Then I added a couple of journaling cards with a little punch of purple. Cute little Dusty Attic Chipboard pieces were altered and adorn the photo.
Lastly I added a cute little banner just for a bit more dimension.
Thank you for stopping by to take a Peek-A-Boo at my layout!
Have a delightfully ghoulish day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great layout - that pumpkin carving is amazing! I didn't even know it was possible to do that! Love all your textural elements too.

    ReplyDelete