Tuesday, February 11, 2014

There is a fun new challenge blog that started this month....Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. This first challenge is to showcase the style that is uniquely yours by creating a layout, card, or project that has your signature artistic perspective. For this challenge I thought I would make a card for my daughter's birthday coming up February 17th. Austinie's favorite color is purple and mine is pink, so I thought I would design something that combined the two. Plus, she is my only daughter that is a super girly-girl, so I didn't spare anything on the frills.
I used a bunch of Spellbinder's dies and I embossed the background. The close-up shows all the layers. I dyed my seam binding to get the color I wanted for the bow and used a Graphic 45 sentiment. I also used glossy accent for the butterfly and liquid pearl dots here and there.
Thank you for stopping by, and don't forget to check out the awesome Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog! Have a Beautiful Day!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card....love all the layers and the dimension! Thanks for playing along with CHAC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love how you used the dies and layered them. What a great girly card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely achieved your goal of a beautiful, frilly, girly card! So beautiful! Lacy, delicate, intricate and lovely. . .almost like a delectable birthday cake! Love the pearls and ribbon, the birthday banner and the butterfly! Thanks for showing us your style at our first Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. So rich in texture...and so many details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Absolutely beautiful. I am sure you daughter will cherish that card. Her name is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I love the embossing and layers!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This gave me serious chills! So stunning! Those colors with white with all the embossing and die cutting....breathtaking! Thanks for playing along with our first challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning and what a fabulous way to use dies and achieve such glorious dimensions....I am sure your daughter is going to love it....Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous for our very first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful! I love, love the layers. Great idea to dye the ribbon to match perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the die work here and the colors you chose and the fact that it is a birthday card and lastly, I love the pretty butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so perfectly composed that it's hard to believe you've only been at it a few months! I can tell you have a lot of art in your background. Beautiful layers, beautiful color choices, and that butterfly makes everything pop! Thanks for playing along in the very first Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card! I'm so excited that you joined us for the launch of Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I hope you come to play often! Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete