Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hello! Lainie here today and I have created a layout for my first post at Flying Unicorn. I have to admit that even before I knew of this wonderful world of scrapbooking, nearly 20 years ago, I would go through all of my gardening magazines and cut out (before I even knew what "fussy cutting" was) all the most beautiful flowers. I never did anything with them, I just had to cut them out! I don't know what it is about how they take on life and dimension - but I just loved the effect. Even though I am starting to really love mixed media and all the messy paints and sprays, every now and then I just like to get lost in cutting out elements and letting the paper do its thing. Here is a layout I created using Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments and Secret Garden together. The photo is of my son Seth and my niece Shelbie.
I first start out by cutting out a ton of elements and then I just sift through them and pick which ones I want. I can use the leftovers for later projects.
Then I just play with the pieces until I find an arrangement that I feel is somewhat balanced. Here are some more close-ups of my layout.
 
Lots of layers...
I like to use repeating colors and patterns. Fussy cutting the photo gives a little extra life to the layout too.
Lastly, a little sprinkling of "real" petaloo flowers.
 
Thank you for taking a peek at my layout and I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
 
Products I Used that can be found in the Flying Unicorn Store:
Secret Garden Tags 1 Secret Garden Tags 2Graphic 45 8x8 Paper Pack - Sweet Sentiments
Flying Unicorn Venise Lace 

1 comment: