Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hello! I have a couple of Flying Unicorn CT projects I would like to share with you today. My daughter Chandler is graduating tomorrow so I thought I would make her a mini-album to document her day. She really loves vintage, tattered, weathered old things and books. I focused on trying to make this look authentic and still be functional. I kept the inside of the album pretty simple, so that she can make a few notes and has room for a couple of nice sized photos.
 As you can see, I piled on the Flying Unicorn Adornments to get this layered mechanical look. I also used a lot of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays on the cover and binding that were from the May Kit of the Month. I couldn't resist adding some flowers here and there.
 Inside the book I used mostly older papers from Bo Bunny Weekend Market. Any vintage papers will work. I added a pocket to a couple of pages and placed a bunch of journaling tags inside.
I kept to a basic format, allowing room for a larger photo on at least one page. 
 Here are the last two pages.
 ...and the back.
 This is how it looks lying flat. I made the binding with a "handle" so that it can be hung on the wall.
My next project was a small canvas that was in the May kit. Again I messed around with the sprays over stenciled texture paste and embossing. I really had fun just creating on the canvas - no rules.
 Here is a little closer look at all the built up spray - I just love how it all gathers in the crevices and adds so much dimension.
Thank you for letting me share with you today and I hope you will be inspired and encouraged to create something beautiful!!!
Product List
Mini Album
Bo Bunny Weekend Market Paper
Canvas
Kaisercraft Wood Flourish Birdcage
Prima 6x6 Stencil Flourish
Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Doodling Template Harlequin 

No comments:

Post a Comment