Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Here is a last look at the July Flying Unicorn Your Passion Your Art Kit of the Month. I created this layout using a photo of my mom on her wedding day. I felt like she kind of had a Mona Lisa smile, and the kit included some wonderful resins, one of which read, "smile."
I did a lot of background work on this layout starting by adding gesso where I would paint. I also used the 13 Arts stencil included in the kit
I layered some flowers and Flying Unicorn Adornments, giving them a haphazard coat of gesso.
Next, I applied mists where I wanted color and then added more flowers on top, keeping them in their natural state.
The resin frame from the kit was misted in several different coats, dark first and lighter on top.
I cut out the inside circle from the GORGEOUS 13 Arts lace doily chipboard piece to use for the frame. I lined the inside with trim from the kit and pearls.
 
When I was content with the overall look of the layout, I added the finishing touches...banners, pearls, more resin pieces and of course, more flowers.
I loved the aged end result and the way the colors change so much in the light.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!
Blessings!

 
 Product List:

 

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! Your background work is just of the chain! Awesome :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete