Friday, October 31, 2014

I am running a challenge at Flying Unicorn called What's the Purpose! If you could get to know me, you would learn that I love to reclaim, alter, and find new uses for items - I think it is so resourceful to put function to form. Especially now that the Holidays are upon us, it is a great way to personalize a gift, too. Sometimes you get very lucky and a really cool item crosses your path and you immediately know what you want to use it for! That very thing just so happened when I received the November Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month. The Off the Page project was just beautiful - a heart with wire in the center - I just knew I had to make a  message/picture board from it to hang on my wall.
 I used beautiful Maja Design Papers for this project, backing the wire and covering the heart frame with paper. I distressed the edges with some Invild Bolme Chalk Ink Edgers, trimmed the inside with twine and decorated with flowers, ribbon and die cuts from Cottage Cutz. Lastly, I added some sweet little roses to some mini clothespins and used those to secure photos and messages to the wire insert.
Please check out the challenge here! Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment