Wednesday, October 1, 2014

This is spooky time at Flying Unicorn and to commemorate the frightful season, this month's kit includes a fun Off the Page project...a creepy coffin!
I had so much fun decorating this coffin and I will explain how I got this very cool finish on the exterior...
I began by stenciling the entire top of the coffin with texture paste (included in the kit) and the Heidi Swapp Lattice Stencil. After it was completely dry, I covered the whole outside of the coffin in tin foil. This took a little patience, but paid off in spades once the color was applied. 
After I used 13 Arts Black and Dark Brown Ayeeda Mist and Olive Wine Silks Paint colors randomly applied, I let it dry again completely. Lastly I covered the top  (nearly emptying a large bottle) with Crackle Accents. I love the way the color changes in the light.
 I decorated the coffin with some black Venice Lace, Flying Unicorn Adornments and some Black  Petaloo Flowers.
 
 I found some old chipboard pieces and this cute resin cat from Webster's Pages (I painted it green.)
 A couple more detail close-ups....
 Love the crackled effect.
 I didn't do too much to the inside because I want to fill it with spider rings for trick-or-treaters.
Thank you for stopping by - I always appreciate your visit!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment