Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hi there! Today I would like to share with you a layout I mostly created with the incredible Flying Unicorn January Kit of the Month. I love to create with blues and browns and these "Vintage Venture" papers by Riddersholm were absolutely amazing to work with.  They were perfect for a somewhat masculine page using a photo of my husband and son.
I used lots of layers and fussy cutting with the papers Skies, Yesterday, In Time, Avenant and Pavot in the collection. After punching, stitching, and mildly distressing the layers I used the Staedtler karat watercolor crayons (they are so fun to work with) included in the kit to give some shading and dimension to the background.
 I stamped a semi-circle of birdcages from the Bo Bunny Romance Stamps in the kit and fussy cut them along with some stamped circles, as well. I used these to layer underneath the photo and the Creative Embellishment circle frame (which was sprayed with Ayeeda Mist in Pastel Turquoise.)
I inked the FabScrap Filigree flourish with Prima Ingvild Bolme Dark Rust and embossed it for the upper right hand corner in my design.
 I also sprayed the beautiful trim included in the kit with the Ayeeda Pastel Turquoise Mist to coordinate with the layout. I fussy cut the chest and then applied a variety of flowers to round everything out.
Thank you for looking and I hope you have a wonderful day!
 


1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous layout Lainie! I love the blues and touches of black glitter! So many wonderful layers and elements, I keep seeing something new every time I look! What a wonderful keepsake page of your family! until next time, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete