Saturday, February 28, 2015

The March Kit of the Month from Flying Unicorn was full of happiness and fun! I ended up loving working with the color palette from the Authentique Classique Beauty line of paper, even though I historically have never really enjoyed working in yellows - these papers were gorgeous! 
 I started out with using the Prima "Floral Petites" stencil from the Main Kit for the background. I misted in Shimmerz Coloringz "A Shade of Gray" first and then layered in some added dimension with Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Lemon Drops and Shimmerz Texturez in "Marigold Digger."
Next, I added some water color paint splatters and some 13 Arts Ayeeda Splash Ink I then layered several pieces of different sized patterned paper on top for the focal point.
After the paper was arranged the way I wanted, I outlined all of the edges with black water color to give it added depth.
 I added some 13 Arts Silver Micro Beads from the Mixed Art Kit, some cheese cloth that I dyed black and yellow thread for extra panache. I absolutely love the Prima Shabby Chic Treasure Clocks included in the Mixed Passion Kit.
 Lastly, there was an awesome tin can of yellow Prima Calypso Flowers in the Main Kit. I layered them and scrunched them a little, added some black watercolor on the edges and a dot of Onyx Liquid Pearls in the center.

Thanks for taking a peek! Have a fabulous Day!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful page! The black watercolor around the paper edges really adds a feeling of dimension and depth and contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Laine! This is one of my favourite colour combinations and you have really used it well here! Love your flowers and all the amazing layers of pretty papers! Stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete