Thursday, April 30, 2015

Graduating Girl

 The Flying Unicorn May Kit of the Month had just about everything you could ever want from a kit!
There were just soooo many gorgeous elements that it was very difficult to limit myself from piling everything on! I created this layout of my best friend's daughter who will be graduating this year.
The 13 Arts "Mental Vacation" papers are so strikingly beautiful. I used the paper Summer Snow for this layout and started out by doing some background stamping and paint splattering. I also inked all the edges of each piece of paper with the Prima Dark Brown Chalk Ink from the kit.
 I covered the photo frame in Shimmerz Texturez and placed it on top of 6x6 Prima "Timeless Treasures" layered paper. I also misted the Prima Ingvild Bolme Resin bugs, as well as painted the Prima Ingild Bolme Resin Heart balloons with 13 Arts Ayeeda Old Gold paint. I loved all the "Timeless Treasures" chipboard pieces in the kit - they add so much dimension and you can sneak them in unexpected places.
My absolute favorite thing about the layout is the 13 Arts Ayeeda Powder 3D Mica Colored Flakes in Light Gold trailing down the layout - it looks like chunky copper that is liquefying. Also, the Prima Watercolor Aquamarine Flowers were just gorgeous paired with the Prima Florella Flowers.
I finished off the layout with some sequins, Prima Butterflies, and a bit of lace here and there. Thank you so much for taking a peek and don't forget to check out the Kit of the Month because they go so fast. There is also a pre-order option if you don't want to miss out next month.
Have a lovely day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment