Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Colorful Creations is in full swing with it's Sketch-A-Thon for May. The design team comes up with a sketch everyday (except weekends) for the month of May and anyone can join the fun...do as little or as much as you want, either way...there are some fantastic sketches to pique your creative mind! Case in point, here is a marvelous sketch from very gifted sketch artist Milo Lilja from Sweden. Just Amazing 
And here is my interpretation of her gorgeous sketch
I hand stitched everything, and even though it's not perfect, I did not mind that it was noticable that it is all hand finished and this way it has a little more character, too.
I used the Dusty Attic Skeleton Clock for the frame and coated it with gesso and then three layers of watered down acrylic in two different brown shades. Lastly I coated it with a high gloss varnish.
I love the vintage look of this, using some steampunk embellishments and a little lace.
The photo is of me and my husband before the Marine Corps Ball.

 Most of the papers are from Bo Bunny Weekend Market.
 Thank you for taking the time to look and have a very happy day!!!

2 comments: