Welcome to Day 3
We hope that you enjoyed the recipes and fun projects and ideas that were shared on Days 1 and 2. We are so happy to have you back again today!
Thank you for hopping along with us, you should have arrived from Libby's blog, as I am the last destination of the tour.
Today I would like to present a little Christmas card I made, but before I do that, I would like to share a scrumptious recipe that I made over Thanksgiving, and will be making again for Christmas to share with friends and family. This recipe is simple, but the return on investment is awesome!Homemade Turtle Fudge
Chocolate fudge recipe adapted from All recipes
Turtle part and assembly from Premeditated Leftovers
Yield about 48 pieces
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I would recommend Hershey bars or milk chocolate chips)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 – 16 oz. caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ cups pecan pieces
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides. Set aside.
- Place the caramels and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- On a double boiler, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk; add vanilla.
- When the fudge mixture is about to be ready (chocolate almost melted), place the bowl of caramels in the microwave and heat on high for a total of 3 minutes. Stir after each minute interval. Once melted, stir in pecans. Set aside.
- Pour half of the fudge into prepared pan. Spoon the caramel pecan mixture over the fudge. Spoon remaining fudge over the top (reheat if necessary). Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy!
Now I will share my pretty card that I have made using some Bo Bunny Father Christmas paper and a few embellishments like flowers, hand-stitching and a doily.
And here is a peek at the inside.
Thank you for stopping in each day, don't forget that I have a happy little gift for one of you who comments on my blog each day and has joined my blog.
I wish you every wonderful thing this season has to offer!
Be sure that you have visited each blog every day and left a comment as a random commenter will be selected to win a wonderful Grand Prize of Scrappy Goodies!
Here is the full line up for today so you can be sure you did not miss anyone.Brandi – Lucky Flutterby Creations
Janet - My Beautiful Life in Pages
Anne – Anne’s Scrap Corner
Paula – Precious Pages by Paula
Libby -Northern Maine Scrappy Girl
Lainie – Paper and Passementerie