Thursday, December 5, 2013

I have created this layout for the My Creative Sketches challenge.
The sketch this month was an absolute delight and I thought it just begged to be finished in blue and white, taking cues from the snowflakes and blue tag.
My layout is titled Winter Wishes, and highlights photos of my daughter's Payton and Chandler about six years ago (seems like yesterday.) Here are some closer looks at the details.
I inked the background and distressed the edges of all the pieces of paper. Then I used a brick template and texture paste here and there.
I glittered my Dusty Attic chipboard circle and also splattered white gloss paint on the background (it looks a little like its snowing.) I also used a little light blue trim I had from my stash.
I added buttons, sequins and some metal snowflake trinkets. Lastly, I painted smooch glitter on the brick blocks to make them look like igloo ice.
The paper line and other embellishments are from Echo Park Winter Wishes line.
Thanks for taking a peek!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, Thank you for joining the My Creative Scrapbook sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! Love the glitter circle!! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. I love the circle too. Thanks for joining the sketch challenge at www.ycreativesketches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete