Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I created this layout for the Flying Unicorn May Your Passion Your Art Kit of the Month using many elements from the gorgeous Cartographer Collection by Prima. The photo is my daughter Austinie (first row, third from left) and her friends at school a few years ago in Lake Elsinore California. I did some fun background work on this layout, giving the paper originality and some lovely texture.
I stenciled the background using a clear gel medium. Then I used several Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays (all in the kit) to bring out the dimension. I also beaded between the pattern with a Viva Décor pearl pen in black.
I treated the Creative Embellishments flourish with Viva Décor Inka Gold and sprayed over the top with more mists. I also stamped and embossed the background to give a little more "oomph."
I did some light stitching around the photo mat and also on some random pieces of paper. I edged some of the roses in Stickles for a little added sparkle.
Lastly I configured the floral spray, using some berries from my stash to fill everything out.

I just love the chipboard pieces from the Cartographer collection and also the Flying Unicorn Adornments to add some more character to the page.

 Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments! Have a blessed and beautiful day!
Product List
Main Kit
Prima Cartagropher 12x12 Paper
Carte
Faire Un Voyage
Prima Cartographer Flowers Vagabond
Prima Cartographer Brads
Flying Unicorn Adornments
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst Spray Cajun Carnelian Red
Viva Décor Pearl Pen in Black
Small Art. BigPassion
Prima Cartographer Flowers Adventurer
Donna Salazar Mix’d Media Inx Color Box Black
Kaisercraft Mini Paper Blooms in Aubergine
Mixed Passion
Prima Cartographer Chipboard Pieces
Mixed Art
Imagine Crafts Creative Medium Clear
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in Screamin’ Banshee Black
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst Spray Cocoa Bean Copper
Also Found in the Flying Unicorn store
Viva Décor Inka Gold –Yellow Gold
Creative Embellishments Flourish Set 6
Bo Bunny Distressed Textured Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment