Thursday, July 31, 2014

I would like to share a layout I made with the Flying Unicorn August Kit of the Month! I cannot tell you how much I LOVED this kit!!! The photo is of me and a couple other gals many moons ago, during some down time filming the Bix Beiderbecke movie. I am the first one in the photo, and my very good friend, Director Jeff Carney took the photo so it is very special to me.
I started out by using the amazing paper in the kit from Pion Designs and for the background, I stamped the edges with the awesome texture stamps from the kit, then stenciled some pink Shimmerz (found in the store) and then mixed in the grey lavender Pearlex powder into the snow from the kit to make an amazing texture for the 7 dots studio stencil that was in last months kit. That is the beauty of the Flying Unicorns kits...they keep on giving.
I also dyed the lace with the Prima Color Blooms in the kit and used some of the dark purple trim, too. Then I started layering the flowers and embellishments
I used some additional flowers from my stash and added some die cut elements for fullness.
One last look...don't you love the wooden leaves intermixed with the flowers!
Wishing you a wonderful day and thank you for your kind comments!
Product List:
Pion Design 12x12 My Precious Daughter in  My Princess
Jacuard PearlEx Grey Lavender
Prima Flowers Soubrette – Pink and Purple
Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Texture-Edges
Petaloo Fancy Trims Purple
Studio Calico Wooden Veneers 35 Pieces
Petaloo Botanica Collection 4 Lavender/Purple
Petaloo Botanica Collection Ephemera Lavender/Purple
Petaloo Botanica Collection Minis x 11 Lavender/Purple
Prima Mini Bouquet Rebecca
Aleene’s True Snow Medium
Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink Pastel Brown

Prima Color Bloom Sprays in Vintage Metal Gold Foil
Prima Color Bloom Sprays in Sparkling Pastels Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment