Monday, September 15, 2014

I am hosting a Tag/Card Challenge at Flying Unicorn! I absolutely love making both tags and cards and so I thought for this challenge I would incorporate BOTH! I really love the idea that a tag is so versatile - there are so many possibilities with them and I love to do them double sided so that they can be flipped around (twice the real estate!) For this tag, I created a pocket on the back so that I could make the card and actually use the tag as a gift (for display or door hanger) with the tandem card on back to put a gift card in.
 
I used some luscious Maja Design papers in various lines, keeping with a predominately pink, blue, and creme palette. I stitched around the edge and created a lot of layers while still maintaining a focal point. I punched and die cut many elements and edged the tag and card in some crocheted trim.
 Here is the card peeking out of the pocket...
 And here is the lovely duo together.
 The beautiful glittering center elements of the tag and card are Flying Unicorn Adornments painted with gesso, inked and glittered. I also used glass beads and gems.
 I really loved how it turned out.
 
 
So....for this challenge I would like to see the following:
 
1. A card and tag combination. The card can either be incorporated into the tag somehow (you can get really creative with this) or it can be a coordinating set.
2. layers
3. At least 3 different patterns of paper.
 
Rules:
Standard Flying Unicorn rules apply (see here). You have until 8pm on October 14th to enter in this challenge. Good Luck!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment