Tuesday, September 2, 2014

This was such an interesting canvas included in the September Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month. I love that Alda finds such unique and interesting pieces because it really does unlock all sorts of creativity! The stencils included in the kits were used with texture paste and then all of it was given two coats of gesso.
Next, lots of watercolor paint (included in the kit) and sprays were used to get a rich, deep color. I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang Cocoa Bean Copper Starburst Spray around the edges and on the embellishments for added depth. I kind of wanted a "nod to autumn" look to represent September.
The quote reads, "A good deed brightens a dark world."
Okay, for real, this die that was included in the kit from Cottage Cutz Harvest Vine is sooooo awesome! I love the detail and with a little primping, I really made it perform by giving it a three dimensional effect. Lastly, some gorgeous flowers and some Flying Unicorn Adornments and a beautiful canvas emerges!
I hope you know I always appreciate your visit!!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment