Friday, February 27, 2015

I had so much fun with the February Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month. These kits sell out super fast so make sure you get in on March's beautiful kit! I created this canvas using the Crafty Secret Vintage Stickers from the Mixed Passion Kit as the premise of the piece. My idea was to create a little "Fairy Wonderland" brimming with flowers, color and many textures.
I used the Donna Downey stencil included in the Mixed Art Kit for the background along with a lot of texture paste, Flying Unicorn Adornments and hot glue to get the different textures.
I used tons of Shimmerz Mists in "Bamboo Leaf," "Moody Mauve," and "Oh Say Can You Sea." Additionally, I used acrylic paints included in the kit.
 The wonderful title chipboard piece is from my stash, made by Fabscraps. 
I also loved the Prima Finnabair Mica Flakes from the kit - they add the perfect amount of light reflection without being too sparkly. Lastly, I touched everything with a hint of gesso to pull it all together.
Thank you for stopping by, I always appreciate you letting me share!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment