Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Off the Page was the cutest teapot and I thought I would make it into a recipe holder for a friend who loves shabby stuff. After assembling the teapot, I painted the inside and outside with gesso. I then papered it with the so-pretty Tea Time papers from the Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month. Then I inked the edges and put a touch of Viva Décor Maya Gold on the lid handle. Additionally, I covered the whole item in matte Mod Podge to seal it for kitchen use.
 There was a beautiful die cut sheet included in the Small Art Big Passion kit of which I cut apart and inked it with Prima Hydrangea Chalk Ink used as trim pieces on the sides of the teapot.
 

Lastly, I cut down 30 4x6 cards from paper in my stash and printed the recipe cards. I then cut each one down to 6 and 3 1/4 to fit into the teapot.
For the next project, I had to use the little hanger from the kit to create a "Tooth Fairy Exchange." I thought it would be fun to use the two cut apart envelopes for a lost tooth to be stored until the tooth fairy can take it and leave her reward in the other envelope. It is such a silly tradition, but one my family has maintained for generations.
 Here are some closer looks....
 I love the little slotted label holder on the hanger!
 A little fussy cutting and the adorable stickers from the kit sparked the idea.
Have a lovely day!
 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute Lainie!! I love the recipe cards inside the tea pot - so creative!

    ReplyDelete