Tuesday, April 14, 2015

So I decided to do something a little different for this layout using the April Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month. To go with the photo(s) of my daughter Payton,  I brought in some red and black paint to compliment the beautiful UHK papers in Monsieur Charles. I used the front and back side of the paper, cutting out the center and flipping it, and lining the center with a piece of red cardstock for a pop on the edge.
 Next I used the Crafters Workshop Stencil Grow to get the branch effect for my background using ink and gesso. Then I added red, black and white watercolor to liven things up.
I covered the Kaisercraft Wood Flourish frame in gesso and then created some texture with Silver Liquid Pearls in an all-over design. Furthermore, I painted some gorgeous Creative Embellishment lattice chipboard black for some additional dimension and to mimic the choker my daughter is wearing in the photo.
 The white Prima Cabriole flowers were SO gorgeous. I added some extra silver Tim Holtz ink to the flowers and leaves to dress them up a bit more.
 Thank you so much for letting me share my love of creating with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment