Thursday, July 2, 2015

It's time for my Playdate Thursday tutorial at Flying Unicorn.
 I know that we as paper crafters, never have a shortage of really pretty paper scraps. I don't throw mine away if they are considerable sized strips or pieces. In fact, I find that I frequently use those pieces for punched trims and odds and ends. Today, I am going to encourage you to use those and in my example I will show you how to create a super fast (minimal measuring) way to use some remnant strips for an interesting background for a card.
As you can see, I have compiled my small stash of scraps.
 I simply glue the strips to a larger piece of scrap that is big enough to be used for an entire card face.
 I decide the configuration of scraps and glue them side by side. I use Beacons 3-in-1 because it does not warp the paper and everything remains flat.
 Then I simply trim off the excess down to the size that I want my card. FUN FACT: I replaced my string in my Fiskars Trimmer with a smooth guitar string so it will not fray or dull my blades as quickly.
  The final size was trimmed down to a 5x7 piece.
 I inked the edges with chalk ink and then I mounted the card face on the front of my card. I made the card base slightly larger to have an edge all around it but that is not necessary.
 Then I gather my elements that I may want to use and start playing around with a design configuration.
 I adhere all of my elements on the card and here is the finished card.
Have a beautiful day!

Products Used:
Beacons Glue
13 Arts "Starlight Collection" Paper Remnants from the June kit.
Prima Chalk Ink
Bo Bunny Garden Journal Chipboard
Bo Bunny Garden Journal Combo Stickers
Various Petaloo Flowers
Flying Unicorn Trim

No comments:

Post a Comment