Sunday, July 19, 2015

Such a cool Off the Page project from the July Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month! This star from Darice started out as brown twigs.  First I coated the star in gesso to make it completely white. Then I added gold embossing powder in random areas and used a heat tool to set it.
 Next, I splattered paint and a couple of colors of Stickles Glitter Glue for extra yumminess. I added flowers and pearls.
Then I attached a frame that hangs from the star. I backed the frame so that you can slide any kind of card into it to change the sign. Lastly, I threaded tulle through the star to give it more of an airy ethereal effect. This project would be a perfect door hanging for a little girl's room or a bride when she is getting ready!
 Thank you so much for stopping by and have a beautifully creative day!!!
Don't forget to check out the Flying Unicorn Forums to enter is some wonderful challenges and also to Pre-Order the August Kit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment