Thursday, October 29, 2015

"Believe in Magic" layout by Lainie Michel

Hello again, it's Lainie here today with a layout I created with the gorgeous Flying Unicorn October Kit of the Month! I decided to go in a bit of a different direction with the kit for this page featuring my lovely daughter Payton, using paints from the Loew Cornell Simply Art Water Colors that were in the Mixed Media Kit for some bright pops of blues and purples against the muted grungy background of the 7 Dots Studios Lost and Found papers.  
 
I started out by adding a ton of texture to the background with some Clear Gel Medium and a random coat of White Gesso.  Next I did some stamping on the background and around the edge of the page using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Faded Jeans. I also added a little water color to the background for extra depth and some 13 Arts Ayeeda Ink Black splatters.
I tore strips of paper and edged them with acrylic paints (Silks also work great for this.) I then layered more tags and Lost and Found Elements to add to my design. Additionally, I painted the Petaloo DIY Dahlia Flowers in Teastained White in blues and purples by mixing watercolors so they would coordinate with the overall theme.
 I used Ayeeda Powder 3D Silver Microspheres to bolster the texture.
Lastly, I made sure to use some of the black spider-web-y lace trim from the kit and Creative Embellishments "Words" chipboard to finish the look.

I hope you have a wonderful creative weekend and be sure to check out the amazing November Kit and our incredible Guest Designer - Heather Thompson hosting our upcoming FaceBook Challenge!
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment