Monday, November 2, 2015

"Love This Moment" by Lainie Michel

It's time for the November Kit of the Month from Flying Unicorn! What a beautiful kit it is...bright autumnal shades from Studio 75 Splash It Collection... reminiscent of an Indian Summer. I chose to do this layout featuring my two youngest daughters Payton and Chandler in yellows and creams, and dusty greens to capture the colors in the photograph.
 I began by punching the edges of the papers and lightly blending gesso around the punched edges to give it a "glowing" appearance. Next, using texture paste and a gorgeous Prima Doily Stencil, I strategically created the lacy background. Then I layered the papers and die cut doilies for depth and dimension.
 I carefully glued the crocheted Petaloo Fancy Trim from the Small Art Big Passion Kit underneath the photo to tie in the lacy look and then I added the title below the photo.
Lastly, I layered the Petaloo Mini Burlap Antique Blue and Ivory Mini Blossoms from the Mixed Passion Kit and gorgeous Prima Metal Trinkets to complete my design. I touched everything with a bit of gesso and applied the green Prima "Say It With Pearls" as a finishing touch.
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a lovely day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment