Sunday, August 3, 2014

Today I would like to share with you my Off the Page project and a canvas that I created from the August Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month.
The matte black lantern was distressed with some crackle paint to make it look slightly rusted, then I clear embossed the whole thing to make it shiny, almost dewy looking. Lastly, I treated it to some silks paint. Then I embellished it with the purple roses from the kit and some gorgeous Petaloo flowers, along with the crystal sprays from Magnolia.
For the canvas, I started out with 2 coats of gesso and then I stenciled it with the BasicGrey stencil in the kit. Then I went to town painting, spraying and highlighting the canvas with more touches of gesso. I used a little clear gloss finish around the words and little droplets on the canvas. The flower embellishments are all from the kit, as well as the resins. I ended with a touch of bling sprinkled here and there.
Thank you for stopping in!
 Product List
Prima Ingvild Bolme Shabby Chic Treasures 3 Resin Oval Frames
Magnolia Purple Faceted Bead Sprays
Prima 12 Resin Fairy Icons Item#573324
Petaloo Botanica Collection 4 Lavender/Purple
Petaloo Botanica Collection Ephemera Lavender/Purple
Petaloo Botanica Collection Minis x 11 Lavender/Purple
Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink Pastel Brown
Darice Squangles 12x12 Canvas
Hero Arts Stencils BasicGrey Leaf and Flourish
Loew Cornell Brushes
Prima Color Bloom Sprays in Vintage Metal Gold Foil
Prima Color Bloom Sprays in Sparkling Pastels Iris
Large Purple Roses



1 comment:

  1. Lainie, your OTP is beautiful! I love the subtle distressing you added - such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete