Monday, September 1, 2014

Look at this incredible sketch by Alda Stevens...isn't it masterful? I love how she captures such a mood and makes it so easy to tell a story with her sketches! That is truly an art! With a sketch this beautiful it really is a challenge to rise to creating something of equal beauty. For this reason, I try to stay really close to the sketch and emulate as best as possible a live version of her amazing sketch!
Here is my interpretation of the sketch. I even loved the color palette so I tried to use that, as well.
The photos are of my grandmother throughout stages in her adult life. I really thought the sketch would compliment a heritage layout and truly it was well suited for this purpose. I used many items from the Flying Unicorn September Kit of the Month and focused on layering and interplay of light and shadow.
 Thank you for letting me share my work with you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment