Thursday, August 27, 2015

Hi everyone, today is my last post with Creative Embellishments - I have enjoyed my time here tremendously and want to give a shout out to Nicolle for running such a fun team! As Halloween is right around the corner, I too, could not help but use some wonderful, enchanting Creative Embellishment Chipboard for a magical layout. I had this super old, kinda creepy photo of my Mom, Aunt and Uncle when they were children around the late 1940's. When I unearthed it, I immediately knew I had to scrap it.
 I began with the Halloween Scene 2 set and chose the owls, bats and spider webs for accent elements in the layout. I applied 2 layers of gesso and then used chalk ink to color them. Then I applied stickles glitter glue to give them some sparkle.
I loved the Pumpkin Corners set and I used the larger one, snipping it in half to layer on top of each other. Again, I covered the chipboard in 2 coats of gesso and painted them with Silks paints, acrylic paint and inked them. Lastly, I covered them in Glossy Accents to give them a translucent effect.
I used the same techniques as the pumpkins with the Ivy Wreath frame. I love the look and feel of the finished pieces.
  Thank you for taking the time to visit Creative Embellishments today and don't forget to enter the August Challenge - you still have a few days left!
 
CE Products Used:
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment