Friday, October 23, 2015

Flying Unicorn October Kit

I could really get my "grunge" on with the October Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month. I had a super fun time getting messy and playing with layers and mixed media on this layout of my daughter Chandler and her boyfriend Nick. I started out with the paper from the 7 Dots Studio, Lost and Found Collection. I applied texture paste with a couple of stencils from my stash and let it dry.
After stamping around the edges of the paper, I added gesso mixed with a bit of Finnabair Bottle Green Mica Powder to grey up some areas of the white stenciling so that it wasn't so stark. Next, I layered inked tags and torn paper for a weathered feel, taking cues from the green trees and bits of concrete in the photo to give the layout a more urban outdoor feel.
I lightly applied gesso to the Petaloo flowers and added touches of black ink to give them a sooty appearance.
 Of course I could not forget the Petaloo hearts and the ephemera to finish off the layout.
Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my layout and remember to check out the amazing November Kit from Flying Unicorn!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment