Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I was so overjoyed when I saw what was in the October Kit of the Month from Flying Unicorn - a beautiful large paper mache pumpkin! I knew I was going to have a wonderful time altering it! 
 
 It was the perfect time to get out all the fall colors, flowers and decorations from my stash - that is one of the things I love about the Off The Page in the kit - you can really go to town using things from your personal collection of goodies along with the kit.
 I started out by painting the pumpkin a greenish gray so that the top colors would show rich and vibrantly. Then I coated the pumpkin in the Deco Art Crackle glaze that was included in the Mixed Art Kit. Next I mixed up varying colors of Spiced Pumpkin and a little Sunflower Silks paints and gave the pumpkin a couple of coats. Then, for extra oomph, I added a top coat of Copper Bo Bunny Glitter Paste for some sparkle. Lastly, I added some 13 Arts Mika Flakes in Light Gold for extra dimension.
I used the leaf die included in the Main Kit (love these versatile dies!) and cut out some autumnal plaid leaves. I added flowers, a bow, and some Petaloo Pearl Picks to finish off the design.
If you didn't get in on this amazing kit - don't miss another one by signing up for Pre-Orders!
 Thank you so much for stopping by and...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment