Sunday, November 15, 2015

Hi there! It's Lainie here today and it is true - we are quickly approaching the Christmas Season (how fast the time flies.) We really cannot have to many options for creating cards and so I thought I would present a tutorial using some Christmas paper and materials from my stash for this design. I started with basic elements - card bases, die-cuts, flowers, trinkets and trim.
 After I cut out my bases, I try to add hand-stitching to at least one layer. I chose to add it to the top layer of this card.
 I used a Prima Doily Die (soon to be restocked in the store) and cut it in half.
 I also die cut several sprigs for filler.
 Additionally, I die cut these words and added glitter.
 I always construct my cards by cutting two pieces of cardstock and always adding a half inch on one piece at the top. I do this so I can create a hinge for my card and they seem to be a bit more stable this way. Plus it is easier to create a larger card, as opposed to only 6x6 cards.
 I fold over the half inch on the larger side and use a ruler to get a crisp edge on the seam.
 Then I add glue and adhere the other piece to it.
 This is what the inside looks like, but the visible seam can be hidden by adding another piece of cardstock on the inside, also making the card sturdier.
Next, I add the first layer to the card. I like to have the edge of the base visible, so I always remove a quarter inch on each side (or half inch on two sides) of each layer on top.
 As you can see, on the second gold layer, there is a quarter inch edge of the first red layer visible too.
 I like to pop up some of the top layers with cardboard.
 Here I have added a piece of trim and two more distressed layers of gold paper. I wanted the dimension but kept the same pattern.
 Then I added the doily pieces to each side.
 I layered sprigs to outline my focal point on the card and added the words, as well.
 The smaller sprigs were cut out in lighter green and I added some Prima Chalk Ink in Moss Lawn for definition.
 I layered some string, poinsettias and a berry pic and glued them down.
 Lastly, I filled out the card with more sprigs, a gold bow and a little picture trinket.
 Here is the finished card. Thank you so much for joining us today!
Don't forget to go to the Flying Unicorn Store and check out our Pre-Order option so you don't miss a kit!!! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment